DIY Margarita Cocktail Kit
According to cocktail historian David Wondrich, the margarita is merely a popular Mexican and American drink, the Daisy (margarita is Spanish for "daisy"), remade with tequila instead of brandy, which became popular during Prohibition as people drifted over the border for alcohol. There is an account from 1936 of Iowa newspaper editor James Graham finding such a cocktail in Tijuana, years before any of the other margarita "creation myths".
2 oz Don Fulano Silver Tequila, 1 oz Twisted Alchemy Persian Lime Sour Mix, 3/4 oz J.B. Combier
Mix ingredients together into a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake until very cold. Strain into a margarita glass. Garnish with a lime wedge. If you rub the wedge along the rim you can dip the glass into salt and it will stick.
Makes 20 Cocktails
Items may vary by location and by available stock.
MARGARITA BATCH METHOD for on the rocks
• 750ml Bottle 100% de Agave Tequila
• 1 bottle Twisted Alchemy Sour Mix
• small 8oz deli fill with and label ‘Combier French Orange Liqueur)
• small 8oz deli with just enough Kosher salt for guests to salt the rims of their glasses
• 5 Limes
May make by the pitcher or each. Or she can literally combine all we have her into a half gallon pitcher in her refrigerator and then just pour it over ice.
For each or smaller pitcher:
• Mix equal parts Tequila and Twisted Alchemy Sour Mix, a touch more sour mix than Tequila.
• Add a splash of Combier French Orange Liqueur.
• Chill in the fridge or stir with ice.
• Moisten the side of your rocks glasses with a lime half and dip into Kosher salt. This way the salt does not get into the glass and your guest has an option to lick the salt or not
• Pour chilled mixture from fridge or strain ice-chilled mixture into ice filled rocks glasses
• Garnish with a wedge or two of lime