Farm Fresh Provisions Box for Friday, October 23rd 2020
Would you like LUSH and world renowned producer Monger Tom Cornille to do your shopping? THINK curated ingredients and staples that you cannot find at Whole Foods, or even at multiple specialty stores. We are talking items you would have to have a friend ‘in the Industry’ to source for you.
With our weekly, seasonally driven, Farm Fresh Provisions Box (15” x 12” x 10”), ‘You Gotta Guy…or Gal or Chef…’
Here is a glimpse of what our Farm Boxes look like:
Available every Tuesday and Friday from Any LUSH location of your choosing.
• Order by 5pm Mondays for pickup after 3pm Tuesdays
• Order by 5pm Thursdays for pickup after 3pm Fridays.
Pre-Order by 5pm Thursday October 22nd for pickup Friday October 23rd.
LUSH Farm Provisions – Friday, October 23rd 2020
Our Chefs and world-renowned producer Monger Tom Cornille have done your shopping.
A Yuzu (Japanese Orange) Tart with Shiso Whipped Cream (Shiso is Japanese Mint that we grow in our garden) plus fresh berries
12 Golden Yolked Yuppie Hill Farmstead Eggs
- You cannot find eggs of this quality at Whole Foods. We tasted dozens of different producers and these stood out not only for their impeccable freshness and non-conformist real farmstead egg shells with their patina variance – it is their YOLKS that most blew us a way: Deep golden and rich yoks that only come from slow growing heritage birds on a really good diet, gently laying farmstead eggs.
Half Loaf 1.5kg Hewn Rustic Artisan French Country Bread
- This is a treat. Hewn bakes these for us on Tuesday and Friday mornings, hand forged with Stone Milled, locally sourced unbleached grain and their own 'living’ yeast. The grain blend is 80% Glenn Wheat and 20% Rouge de Bordeaux Whole Wheat. This loaf lasts unusually long due to the quality of the flour and wild yeast. Freezes well and grills beautifully.
Interesting Potatoes for grilling, baking, roasting or salads
- The skin on potatoes is the most nutritious part of the potato. Boil in salty water until a knife comes out easily. Then lightly mash with garlic, herbs and butter or olive oil.
Sweet Bell Pepper for Salads, Grilling and Omelettes
- Did you know green bell peppers are actually unripe red, yellow or orange peppers? These are delicious raw. To roast, place on a piece of foil in a 350F oven for about 12 minutes, or until they soften and your kitchen smells amazing. They can also be grilled whole, turning a couple times. Do not worry if the skin burns a touch. When still hot, dunk the pepper in a bowl of ice water and the out skin will peel right off.
Ruby Red Grapefruit for Zesting, Snacking and Juicing
- A cross of sweet orange and Japanese Pomelo, the Ruby Red has a particularly flavorful zest adding a beautiful top note when grated on fish, meat, salads and to add a top note to salad dressing and sauce. Lovely with a bit of crunchy salt on butter. Red grapefruit are not only higher in Vitamin A & C than white grapefruit, they are also high in lycopene, a free radical prize fighting antioxidant that fights aging.
1 Lemon, 1 orange and 1 lime for Zest and Juice to brighten up dishes
- We have more at LUSH if you need lemons for dressings, marinades, cocktails and to zing up sparkling water.
Avocado for Salad or Slicing
- There is little these healthy suckers do not taste good in
Cornille Greenhouse Tomatoes for Salad, Slicing or Omelettes
- Get your tomato action now as the season winds down and into Fall produce
- Colorful and Healthy for enjoying raw, roasting or sautéing
Michigan Apples & Fall Squash
- Welcome to Autumn!! An assortment for you.
- No French kitchen can exist without a good onion
Sweet Blood Oranges
- The season is just beginning - what a treat!
1 Gallon Salad Greens
- Ready to enjoy
Fresh Herbs to add that extra special note to all of your cooking