Farm Fresh Provisions Box
Would you like LUSH and world renowned producer Monger Tom Cornille to do your December shopping? THINK curated ingredients and staples that you cannot find at Whole Foods, or even at multiple specialty stores. We are talking items you would have to have a friend ‘in the Industry’ to source for you.
Just give us a 48 hour advance notice so we can shop for you the next day and then pull everything together for you or your gift recipient the next day.
With our seasonally driven, Farm Fresh Provisions Box (15” x 12” x 10”), ‘You Gotta Guy…or Gal or Chef…’
Here is a glimpse of what our Farm Boxes look like:
Available any day with 48 hour advance ordering to give as a gift or to gift yourself.
LUSH Farm Provisions – pickup Friday, January 15th 2021 - This is a general and not a literal guide as we source peak of season fresh produce on a daily basis.
Our Chefs and world-renowned producer Monger Tom Cornille have done your shopping.
Local and Heritage Apples
- From 1800’s Heirloom Apple Northern Spy prized as the World’s Best Pie Apple to crabapples and delicious Michigan snacking apples
- Tom has found something special for you that you may not find anywhere except LUSH and Alinea
12 Golden Yolked Yuppie Hill Farmstead Eggs
- You cannot find eggs of this quality at Whole Foods. We tasted dozens of different producers and these stood out not only for their impeccable freshness and non-conformist real farmstead egg shells with their patina variance – it is their YOLKS that most blew us a way: Deep golden and rich yoks that only come from slow growing heritage birds on a really good diet, gently laying farmstead eggs.
Half Loaf 1.5kg Hewn Rustic Artisan French Country Bread
- This is a treat. Hewn bakes these for us on Tuesday and Friday mornings, hand forged with Stone Milled, locally sourced unbleached grain and their own 'living’ yeast. The grain blend is 80% Glenn Wheat and 20% Rouge de Bordeaux Whole Wheat. This loaf lasts unusually long due to the quality of the flour and wild yeast. Freezes well and grills beautifully.
Fresh Chestnuts - with roasting instructions
Sweet Bell Peppers for Salads, Grilling and Omelettes
- Did you know green bell peppers are actually unripe red, yellow or orange peppers? These are delicious raw. To roast, place on a piece of foil in a 350F oven for about 12 minutes, or until they soften and your kitchen smells amazing. They can also be grilled whole, turning a couple times. Do not worry if the skin burns a touch. When still hot, dunk the pepper in a bowl of ice water and the out skin will peel right off.
Ruby Red Grapefruit for Zesting, Snacking and Juicing
- A cross of sweet orange and Japanese Pomelo, the Ruby Red has a particularly flavorful zest adding a beautiful top note when grated on fish, meat, salads and to add a top note to salad dressing and sauce. Lovely with a bit of crunchy salt on butter. Red grapefruit are not only higher in Vitamin A & C than white grapefruit, they are also high in lycopene, a free radical prize fighting antioxidant that fights aging.
1 Lemon, 1 orange, 1 blood orange and 1 lime for Zest and Juice to brighten up dishes
- We have more at LUSH if you need lemons for dressings, marinades, cocktails and to zing up sparkling water.
2 Heirloom Tomatoes for Salad, Slicing or Omelettes
- Hoorah for Greenhouses!!
Autumn Heirloom Squash like Delicato
- Perfect for roasting with munching on their devious seeds
- Healthier and more flavor than you find in the store
1 Gallon Salad Greens
- Ready to enjoy
2 bunches Fresh Herbs