Farm Fresh Provisions Box for Friday, August 7th 2020
Would you like LUSH and world renowned producer Monger Tom Cornille to do your shopping? THINK curated ingredients and staples that you cannot find at Whole Foods, or even at multiple specialty stores. We are talking items you would have to have a friend ‘in the Industry’ to source for you.
With our weekly, seasonally driven, Farm Fresh Provisions Box (15” x 12” x 10”), ‘You Gotta Guy…or Gal or Chef…’
Here is a glimpse of what our Farm Boxes look like:
These will be available every Tuesday and Friday. Order by 5pm Thursday, August 6th for Friday afternoon, August 7th pickup. Please order by 5pm, Monday, August 10th for Tuesday, August 11th pick up.
LUSH Curated CHEF Box - 7 August 2020
Our Chefs and world-renowned producer Monger Tom Cornille have done your shopping.
12 Golden Yolked Yuppie Hill Farmstead Eggs
- You cannot find eggs of this quality at Whole Foods. We tasted dozens of different producers and these stood out not only for their impeccable freshness and non-conformist real farmstead egg shells with their patina variance – it is their YOLKS that most blew us a way: Deep golden and rich yoks that only come from slow growing heritage birds on a really good diet, gently laying farmstead eggs.
Half Loaf 1.5kg Hewn Rustic Artisan French Country Bread
- This is a treat. Hewn bakes these for us on Tuesday and Friday mornings, hand forged with Stone Milled, locally sourced unbleached grain and their own 'living’ yeast. The grain blend is 80% Glenn Wheat and 20% Rouge de Bordeaux Whole Wheat. This loaf lasts unusually long due to the quality of the flour and wild yeast. Freezes well and grills beautifully.
1 Heirloom Hummingbird Pineapple
- Ready to eat now, this pink pineapple is the blood orange of tropical fruit. We grill them and serve them with Shisho leaves and barrel aged Soy. Yummm. You can also enjoy them just like a Maui Gold, these are just better.faster.stronger
2 Ruby Red Grapefruits for Zesting, Snacking and Juicing
- A cross of sweet orange and Japanese Pomelo, the Ruby Red has a particularly flavorful zest adding a beautiful top note when grated on fish, meat, salads and to add a top note to salad dressing and sauce. Lovely with a bit of crunchy salt on butter. Red grapefruit are not only higher in Vitamin A & C than white grapefruit, they are also high in lycopene, a free radical prize fighting antioxidant that fights aging.
1 Gallon Ziplock Summer Salad Greens ready to dress and enjoy
- Ever try a breakfast salad? Make a simple dressing with equal parts Ruby Red Grapefruit Zest, olive oil and honey or maple. Grate on some zest, a touch of salt and cracked pepper and whisk. Add granola for crunch and sliced fruit.
2 Heirloom Tomatoes for Salad, Slicing or Omelettes
- One juicy red, 1 lower acid pineapple yellow. Summer is here!!
2 Baby Persian Cucumbers for Salad or Slicing
- No need to peel, just wash and slice. Excellent in place of bread or chips with hummus or guacamole.
2 Bell Pepper for Salads, Grilling and Omelettes
- Did you know green bell peppers are actually unripe red, yellow or orange peppers? These are delicious raw. To roast, place on a piece of foil in a 350F oven for about 12 minutes, or until they soften and your kitchen smells amazing. They can also be grilled whole, turning a couple times. Do not worry if the skin burns a touch. When still hot, dunk the pepper in a bowl of ice water and the out skin will peel right off.
1 Spaghetti Squash
- Wash squash, cut in half and scoop out the seeds (You may clean, dry and roast the seeds separately – they taste similar to pumpkin seeds). Lightly salt, pepper and olive oil your seeded squash and place cut side down on a baking sheer. Poke a few holes in the outside of the squash as air vents. Roast at 425 for 35 minutes.
- The squash can be pulled out by scraping with a fork into. Spaghetti-like strands. Excellent with tomato sauce, butter and herbs or olive oil, black pepper and Parmesan.
1 Lemon and 1 lime for Zest and Juice to brighten up dishes
- We have more at LUSH if you need lemons for dressings, marinades, cocktails and to zing up sparkling water.
1 Bunch carrots with tops
- Besides making a simple, healthy snack and adding to salads, carrot greens once well rinsed (to remove dirt and sand) add a fresh carrot flavor to salads or greens.
2 Purple Peruvian Potatoes for grilling, baking, roasting or salads
- The skin on these is delicious and the most nutritious part of the potato. Boil in salty water until a knife comes out easily. Then lightly mash with garlic, herbs and butter or olive oil. Makes a killer and dramatic skin-on potato salad. Also excellent tossed in a seafood boil.
3 Eight Ball or Zucchini Squash
- Dice into an omelette or frittata or slice skin on, toss with oil and vinegar and grill. Or eat raw in salads or with hummus.
11 Shishito Peppers
- Toss in salt and olive oil and sear in a pan or on the grill until the begin to blister. Eat hole as the Spanish do.
3 King Trumpet Mushrooms
- The stalks cook and taste similar to a more flavorful Portobello cap. Cut the larger stalks in half and score. Coat with salt and olive oil and grill until they soften.
Two heads Spanish garlic to clear your arteries and boost flavors
- When you chop them, add a bit of salt and continue to chop – the salt will help turn the garlic into a luscious paste. Also excellent cut thin thin thin and roasted with olive oil until brown. Flip once and Remove to a paper towel for roasty crunchy garlic to add to multiple dishes.
3 bunches Culinary Herbs from our garden (these will vary on the day of harvest and which LUSH garden they come from, we will note in your box which herbs we pick for you).
- Mexican Oregano
- Picked from our garden, these are particularly pungent. Think basil on steroids. The flowers are edible and taste like oregano.
- Pineapple Mint
- Smells like Pineapple with a fresh mint flavor. A treat with any fruit, nuts or chocolate anything. Great treat with a slice of your Hummingbird Pineapple.
- This Japanese Mint adds an exotic freshness to everything. These are grown from seeds hard carried back from Tokyo.